How to Reset the Web Browser Configuration
Proper installation and configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo! Messenger to function correctly. Improper installation may result in the following issues:
- Messenger doesn't function as expected
- Error message: "You are not connected to the internet"
- Cannot make a PC-to-PC call
- Dropped Calls
- Issues calling from computer to computer
It's possible that your Web browser configuration is interfering with the functionality of Yahoo! Messenger.
While using Mozilla Firefox or another alternative Web browser is fine, it is important to remember that the installation and proper configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo! Messenger to function correctly.
- Download and install the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer. (If you already have the latest version, there is no need to restart.)
- Reset your Web browser configuration. This will restore the manufacturer settings without deleting your Favorites. To do this:
a. On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R. This opens the "Run" command.
b. Type inetcpl.cpl into the Open field, then click OK. This opens "Internet Properties."
c. Select the Advanced tab.
d. Click the Reset button.
e. Check the Delete personal settings checkbox.
f. Click the Reset button.
g. When the reset is complete, click Close.
Please note that by resetting Internet Explorer settings, your return Internet Explorer to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings that were previously changed after installation. When you delete personal settings, some web pages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work correctly. Resetting Internet Explorer to its defaults does not delete your favorites, feeds, Web slices, and a few other personalized settings.