Troubleshooting Messenger 8, 9, and 10 sign-in issues
This article provides steps to assist you with troubleshooting login issues in Yahoo! Messenger.
The first step in troubleshooting is to first try installing the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger to see if it resolves your issue. This new version has resolved many of the issues customers have experienced in previous versions.
Troubleshooting Messenger sign-in issues:
- Download and install the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger.
- Restart your computer after re-installing Yahoo! Messenger.
- Test Messenger: Start Messenger and try signing in once more.
- If you continue to have problems with this issue, your browser configuration may be interfering with the functionality of Yahoo! Messenger.
- The installation and proper configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo! Messenger to function correctly.
- To configure your browser correctly, follow the steps in our help article about resetting your browser configuration.
- Test Messenger: Try signing in again.