Troubleshooting issues with crashing or freezing
Links to procedures to help resolve issues with Yahoo! Messenger crashing or freezing, including the error messages:
- "Yahoo! Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close"
- "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly."
- "Yahoo! Messenger.YmApp has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
Try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Yahoo! Messenger Troubleshooting Procedures.
- Uninstall and reinstall runtime components.
- Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.
- If you continue to experience this problem, send us your crash logs for further troubleshooting and problem analysis.
Note: As a temporary workaround, try Yahoo! Messenger in Mail. It doesn't offer all the same features, but it will allow you to keep in touch with your contacts until the issue is resolved.