How to change your contact display name
This document describes how to change how your name is displayed in Yahoo! Messenger and how to send updated contact details to your contacts so the changes are reflected in their contact list.
To edit your contact details:
- Open Yahoo! Messenger and sign in.
- Click the Messenger menu and select My Contact Details.
- Enter any new contact information or edit the existing contact information.
- Click Save & Close.
- Close Yahoo! Messenger and then open it again.
Note: When updating your contact details on someone's contact list:
- The "First" and "Last" name fields are required.
- The "Nickname" field can only be updated on your own contact list.
- Your contact details cannot be removed. The information can only be updated.
- The person must accept the update for their contact list to be updated.
To send your updated contact details to your contact(s):
- Click the Actions menu and select Send My Contact Details.
- Select the person or people you want to send your contact details to and then click Next.
- Select the check boxes in front of the information you want to send or update.
- If any information is missing, click Edit My Contact Details to make the necessary modifications and then click Save & Close.
- When you are done, click Finish to send your updated contact details.
To request a contact's updated details:
- Select a contact from your Messenger List.
- Click the Actions menu.
- Select Request Contact Details.