Webcam Troubleshooting for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
This document describes what to do if your webcam is non-responsive or if you are experiencing trouble broadcasting.
The latest version of Yahoo! Messenger offers a replacement for webcam sharing (called Video Calling) which offers new features and improved functionality. For further explanation, please see our help article comparing video calling to webcam sharing.
The following troubleshooting steps will work for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems:
- Download and install the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger.
- Verify that your computer has the latest versions of the following:
- Uninstall, then re-install the software for your webcam. See our instructions for re-installing webcam software for assistance.
- Use the Video and Voice Setup assistant to test your webcam, here's how:
- On the Yahoo! Messenger, click the Help menu and select Set up Video and Voice.
- Go through the three step process to test your microphone, speakers, and webcam.