Error: "Yahoo! Messenger has stopped working" when using Yahoo! Messenger on Windows 7
This article will provide steps to troubleshoot the following issues:
- Yahoo! Messenger crashing or freezing on Windows 7
- Error message: "Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly."
- Error message: "The application failed to initialize properly (ox0150002)"
Uninstall and reinstall runtime components:
- On your keyboard, press the key combination Windows Logo + R. This opens the "Run" command.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK. This opens "Programs and Features."
- Select each of the following items and click the Uninstall button. There may be multiple installed versions, so be sure to remove all of them.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- When uninstall is complete, restart your computer.
- Download and install the following software updates to optimize your computer's compatibility with Yahoo! Messenger.
- Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7
- Java Runtime Environment
- DirectX Runtime Web Installer
- Visual C++ Runtime 2005
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Internet Explorer 9
- After installing these updates, restart your computer again, and then run Yahoo! Messenger.