Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working"
Did you get an error saying that Yahoo Messenger has stopped working? Don't worry, it's usually just an issue with the Runtime Components installed on your computer and can be easily fixed.
Correct your Runtime Components
- Press Windows + R.
- The "Run" window opens.
- Enter appwiz.cpl
- Click OK.
- The "Programs and Features" window opens ("Add or Remove Programs" in older versions of Windows).
- Select each of the following items, then click Uninstall (Click Remove in older versions of Windows).
Note: (There may be multiple versions, so be sure to remove all of them)
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++
- When the uninstall is complete, restart your computer.
- Download and install the following Runtime Components:
- Download and install the following system updates (based on your operating system):
- After installing these updates, restart your computer.
- Open and sign in to Yahoo Messenger.
Common errors resolved by these steps
- Yahoo Messenger crashing on Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
- Error message: "Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly."
- Error message: "The application failed to initialize properly (ox0150002)"