How to Manage or Turn Off Display of Yahoo! Updates From Other People
This article explains how to control or disable Updates from friends and contacts. Managing them this way is a good option as it is not possible to delete Updates.
While the option to delete Yahoo! Updates is not available at this time, you can manage the kind of Yahoo! Updates you see from your friends and from which friends you see them.
How to turn off updates from a particular person:
- Select Messenger | Preferences.
- The "Yahoo! Messenger Preferences" window opens.
- Under "Category" on the left, click Yahoo! Updates.
- The Yahoo! Updates settings options will display on the right.
- Click Customize Yahoo! Updates.
- The "Yahoo! Updates Options" window opens.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to the person's name under "Show Y! Updates from these contacts."
Note: From this location you can also manage exactly which updates you would like to see and whether you receive an alert when a new one comes in.
- Clear the check boxes for contacts or sites from which you don't wish to receive updates.
- Select the check boxes for contacts or sites you do wish to see.
- Alerts appear at the bottom right of your screen when a contact broadcasts a new update.
- To hide the alerts that a particular site generates, uncheck the checkbox under "Show alert" next to the name of the site.
- To hide all alerts, uncheck the checkbox for Show alert.
- Click OK.
- You will be returned to the "Yahoo! Messenger Preferences" window displaying the Yahoo! Updates settings options.
- At the bottom of the window, click OK.
You can also access the "Customize Yahoo! Updates" page by:
- Click the Y! Updates tab on the main Yahoo! Messenger window.
- Click the arrow button on the right side of the Y! Updates tab and select Customize Yahoo! Updates.