Uninstalling Yahoo! Messenger from Windows Vista, 7, and 8
To uninstall Yahoo! Messenger from Windows Vista, 7, and 8:
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press the R key. This opens the "Run" command.
- Type in appwiz.cpl and click OK. This opens "Programs and Features."
- Select Yahoo! Messenger and click the Uninstall button.
- In the window that opens, click Finish to uninstall.
- When uninstall is complete, restart your computer.
Once your computer has been restarted, download and install the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger.
Note for Messenger 11 customers: In regions where Messenger 11 has been released, please review these options before uninstalling if you have been using the new Conversation Archiving feature in Messenger 11 and would like to have access to the Conversation History at a later time: