How to Add/Change Your Mobile Number
This document explains how to add or change your mobile phone number from Yahoo! Messenger.
In order for you to add your new number, you must first delete your old number.
Here's how to delete the old number:
- Click the Messenger menu on the version of Yahoo! Messenger installed on your computer.
- Select Preferences and the Yahoo! Messenger Preferences window opens.
- Click the Mobile category, and then click Edit Mobile Number... near the bottom of the window. The Yahoo! Messenger window opens.
- Click Delete Number.
- Click Delete. You will be returned to the Yahoo! Messenger window, with confirmation that you have no registered mobile devices.
- Exit and restart Yahoo! Messenger completely to let the changes reflect within it.
You have now successfully deleted your old mobile number. The next step is to add your new one.
Here's how to add the new number, please click on the appropriate link for instructions on a specific device:
- iPhone: Go to the Yahoo! Mobile/iPhone webpage. You can also install the Yahoo! Messenger iPhone app from the AppStore.
- BlackBerry: Go to the Yahoo! Mobile/BlackBerry webpage.
- Other mobile devices: You can add the new device number from the version of Yahoo! Messenger that's installed on your computer. Just click the mobile-device icon that's located at the right of your display image. Select Set up Mobile Phone and follow the instructions. To review those steps, go to the help page, How do I use Yahoo! Messenger from my mobile device?
- Yahoo! Mobile/ webpage: While on the Yahoo! Mobile webpage, enter the phone number for your new mobile device and then click Send a link to my phone. Follow the step-by-step instructions to add your new mobile device.