Blocking someone from chatting with you in Yahoo! Mail
There are two ways to block a user from sending you Instant Messages and add requests.
Method 1: Block a user from chat, from the chat window
- If the user has instant messaged you, click the Block User button in the Chat window.
Method 2: Block the contact from chat using the Messenger Options menu
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right, and select Messenger Options. The Messenger Options menu appears in a pop-up window.
- Select the Block users in the Block list below... button, if it is not already selected.
- Click Add.
- Type the Yahoo! ID of the person you would like to block.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
For blocking Chat and Add requests:
- Chat requests: See our help article on declining unwanted chat requests in Yahoo! Mail.
- Add requests: There's no way to block incoming add requests other than by blocking each user, individually (after you've received the invite).