How to ignore a user on Yahoo! Messenger for the iPhone
Learn how to add a user to your Ignore List on Yahoo! Messenger for the iPhone.
By adding someone to your Yahoo! Messenger Ignore List, you will no longer receive IMs from them, and it will hide your online status and status messages from that user. In order to ignore a contact, you must first delete them from your Messenger List.
To delete a contact:
- Tap the name of the contact you would like to delete in order to select them.
- Tap the silhouette icon in the upper-right corner screen.
- Tap Contact Details | Edit.
- Tap Delete Contact.
Once you have deleted the contact from your Messenger List, you can ignore them by adding them to your Ignore List.
To add a contact into your Ignore List:
- Go to Settings, then tap Privacy under the Options section.
- Switch "Ignore Non-Contacts" to On.
To ignore a user while in a conversation:
- Scroll to the top of the conversation.
- Tap Report Spam.
- Tap Ignore User.
Note: Ignoring people will not block incoming "add to contact list" requests.
If you feel threatened or that you or someone else is in danger, You should contact your local law enforcement immediately. For assistance locating their contact information, try using a local phone book or Search.