Can't Install Yahoo! Messenger due to "Bootstrapper Suite" error
This article explains that you may be unable to install Yahoo! Messenger. You will receive one of the following errors:
- "Yahoo! Messenger Suite Install bootstrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
- "Problem Event Name: APPCRASH"
- "Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll"
We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Updates will be provided in this article, when available.
As a possible solution, follow the steps in the Yahoo! Help article, Troubleshooting error messages when installing or downloading Yahoo! Messenger.
If you still cannot install Yahoo! Messenger, we'll need some more information. Click the Contact Yahoo! button on the right side of this Yahoo! Help page.
For the quickest resolution, include these details:
- The operating system of the computer that you are using (e.g., Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7). Please also note whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit?
- What version of Internet Explorer do you have installed?
- What version of Firefox (if installed) do you have installed?
This information will help us identify the cause and provide a fix more quickly.