Troubleshooting sign-in issues
This article will help if you are unable to sign in to Yahoo! Messenger or if you are receiving one of the following errors when trying to sign in to Yahoo! Messenger:
- "8100300x" errors (e.g., 81003002, 81003003, 81003004, 81003005, etc.)
- "There was a problem signing you in to Yahoo! Messenger. The password you entered is incorrect. Click close to re-enter it, or click forgot password... if you have forgotten your ID or password. (81003002)"
- "Messenger encountered a connection problem. Please check your network connection then click Try Again (81003004)."
- "We can't sign you in to Yahoo! Messenger. There might be a problem with your internet connection. Click Troubleshoot to begin a series of tests to try to diagnose the connection problem."
- "We can't sign you in to Yahoo! Messenger. There might be a problem with your Internet Connection. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet. Click Troubleshoot to begin a series of tests to try to diagnose the connection problem."
- "Sign In Problem. Please click try again to re-enter your ID and password. If you have forgotten your ID or password, click Sign-In Problems."
First, confirm that you are able to sign in to your Yahoo! account.
Follow the appropriate directions for your sign-in test results:
- If you could not sign in to your Yahoo! account, review the information in the help article, "Error Message: "Invalid Password" received after entering a correct password."
- If you successfully signed in to your Yahoo! account, review the information and follow the troubleshooting steps in these help articles:
- Re-authenticating Yahoo! Messenger to resolve sign in issues
- Resetting connection settings to resolve sign-in issues
- If you encounter a "Connection Troubleshooter" pop-up window when signing in, see "Troubleshooting Messenger Network Connectivity Issues"
- Messenger Troubleshooting Procedures
- Turn off your modem and router, then turn them on again. This will power cycle the equipment and refresh the connection.
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software.
If you are still having trouble signing in after trying these troubleshooting steps, you can request help from our Customer Care team by clicking Get Help on this page.
Note: As a workaround, try Yahoo! Messenger in Mail. It doesn't offer all the same features, but it will allow you to keep in touch with your contacts until the issue is resolved.