Changing your status in Messenger in Mail
Your chat availability appears on the left of your Yahoo!7 Mail inbox, next to the word “Messenger.” If you're signed out of Messenger, you see a gray lightning bolt () next to “Messenger.”
To change your chat availability status:
- Sign in to Yahoo!7 Mail.
- In the left pane next to “Messenger,” click the down arrow.
-A drop-down menu opens.
- In the drop-down menu, select an availability status:
- Available: Select to make yourself available to chat.
- Custom Status: Make yourself available with a custom status.
- Busy: Select if you are online but not available to chat unless it’s an emergency.
- Invisible: Select if you are online and don’t want others to know that. You will appear offline to others but can still see your online contacts and instant message with them.
- Sign out of Messenger: Select to sign out of chat and set your status to Offline.
Note: Yahoo!7 Mail saves your Yahoo!7 Messenger status when you leave Yahoo!7 Mail. When you return to Yahoo!7 Mail, it resumes the same status. If you were signed in to Yahoo!7 Messenger when you last exited Yahoo!7 Mail, you will be automatically signed in the next time you open your mail.
For more information on changing your chat status, see the video tutorial "Making Yourself Available to Chat".