Troubleshooting error messages when installing or downloading Yahoo!7 Messenger
This article will help if you are unable to download or install Yahoo!7 Messenger, or if you are receiving one of the following errors when installing or downloading Yahoo!7 Messenger:
- "XmlLite.dll file is missing."
- "Cannot load resource DLL."
- "Not a valid Win32 application."
- "Your download has been interrupted. Please retry or cancel."
- "Installation unsuccessful."
- "Not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
- "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
- "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications."
- "The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Yahoo!\Updater\yupdater.exe' could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory. The system cannot find the path specified."
- "Yahoo!7 Messenger did not correctly install. This may have been done due to other open aplications or incomplete installs. Please try the install again after restarting your computer."
- "Unable to download files needed for installation. Please check firewall settings and try again."
If you're having trouble downloading Yahoo!7 Messenger please try the troubleshooting steps below.
Troubleshooting steps for downloading Yahoo!7 Messenger:
- Update your Windows Installer service at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120486
- On that page, click the Download button next to one of the following files:
- Windows XP: "WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe"
- Windows Vista 32-bit: "Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu"
- Windows Vista 64-bit: "Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu"
- This patch does not apply to Windows 7.
- If you run Windows XP: Install the XmlLite patch from Microsoft at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915865
- Reset your web browser configuration.
- Download and run the Yahoo!7 Messenger standalone installer.
Note: Before downloading Messenger, review our "Tips for a successful download" section below.
If you are still experiencing this issue, run the installer using Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click the Yahoo!7 Messenger standalone installer and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click the drop down menu and select Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- Check the checkbox for Run as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the Messenger standalone installer to run it.
Tips for a successful download:
- You'll need to be signed in as the administrator or have administrative rights to the computer in order to download Yahoo!7 Messenger.
- Check to make sure that you have closed all other running software programs and do not have other software programs running in the background that may disrupt the download process.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or spyware software programs as these may attempt to block the installation.
- Make sure that you reactivate the antivirus and spyware software programs following the successful download.
- Download time for Yahoo!7 Messenger can take anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes.
- 100 MB of free disk space is required to install Yahoo!7 Messenger.
- Review the minimum system requirements for Yahoo!7 Messenger.