Writing quality reviews
Learn techniques for writing a good review on Yahoo! Movies that other users will find helpful.
Here are a few tips to help you put together a quality review:
- Give us the details -- Good reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a film, but also why. Be objective and truthful. Feel free to mention other movies you consider similar and how they rate in comparison to the one you're reviewing.
- Have fun -- Your opinion is worth something this is your chance to be your own movie critic! Let the rest of the World Wide Web know what you have to share.
- Spoil it for others -- Don't reveal the significant plot elements. Stay on topic and don't comment on products that have not been released yet.
- Be too brief -- Don't limit yourself to a short review. This is your chance to shine and become part of our community, so try to be as informative and helpful as you can in your comments.
- Post multiple reviews -- Reviews that are posted more than once by the same author might be removed. If you do not see your review posted immediately, please be patient, there might be a slight delay before it is posted.
- Discuss the movie -- While we encourage you to express your thoughts and opinions, please do not use this forum for discussing the movie with other authors.
- Disregard the rules -- Reviews are designed to be a fun addition to Yahoo! Movies. When you post a review, you agree to abide by our Terms of Service. Reviews which harass, abuse, or threaten; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial, or advertising content or links; or are off topic, might be removed and might result in the loss of your Yahoo! ID (including email). Please do not post any private information unless you want it to be available publicly. Never assume that you are completely anonymous and cannot be identified by your posts.