Guidelines for posting comments on Yahoo!
Learn the guidelines for creating acceptable comments on Yahoo!, and why certain comments may be subject to removal.
Comments on Yahoo! pages allow you to start discussions, ask questions, and share your opinions.
Here are a few things to consider as you post:
- Please be considerate and respectful of your fellow posters.
- Use standard writing style and punctuation. Regular sentences and basic grammar will help others to understand you.
- Do not use profanity, obscenities, abusive language, or otherwise objectionable content as determined by Yahoo!, in its sole discretion. Comments should not harass, abuse, or threaten another's personal safety or property, make false statements, defame, or impersonate someone else.
- Remember this is a public forum. Do not post personal information including phone numbers, email or mailing addresses, or credit card information belonging to you or others.
- Do not copy others' material, trademarks, or other intellectual property—it is illegal. This includes cutting and pasting content from other websites. Comments should be your own original thoughts.
- Do not post HTML, viruses, or other malicious code.
- Use the "My Comments" tab to see an aggregated view of your commenting activity on Yahoo!. Comments in your activity steam may be visible to other users who access your profile through the comment stream, where they will be able to reply to, thumbs up, or thumbs down, or report abuse on any of your comments. You can also choose to remove any comments that you don't want included in your activity stream by clicking remove next to your comment.
NOTE: Yahoo! reserves the right to refuse or remove any comment that does not comply with these guidelines or the Terms of Service and to terminate your Yahoo! Account (including email) for a violation. Yahoo! is not responsible or liable in any way for comments posted by its users.