How to remove an unwanted contact in Yahoo! Messenger for Android
This article describes how to delete and ignore a contact in Yahoo! Messenger for Android.
Note: Before you delete a contact, make a note of their Yahoo! ID if you also want to add them to your Ignore List.
How to delete contacts using Yahoo! Messenger for Android:
- On the upper right corner of your screen, tap the Contacts Details icon.
- Tap the Edit button on the upper right corner of your "Contact Details" screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap the Delete Contact button.
- In the window that pops up, tap Yes to confirm that you want to delete your contact.
To ignore deleted contacts from a mobile device, you'll need to use the Mobile version of Yahoo! Messenger, as this functionality isn't currently available in Yahoo! Messenger for Android. We have provided the instructions below.
How to add a contact to your Ignore List using the Mobile version of Yahoo! Messenger:
- Go to the Mobile version of Yahoo! Messenger on your mobile device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, under "Go to," click Settings.
- Select Edit Ignore List.
- Type the Yahoo! ID to be blocked.
- Click Ignore to save it in the Yahoo! Messenger Ignore List.
If you want to ignore all persons who are not on your Contact List, follow the instructions below to set that option using Messenger for Android.
How to ignore messages from all persons who are not on your Contact List using Yahoo! Messenger for Android :
- Tap the Menu button in any Yahoo! Messenger screen to access the "Options" menu.
- Check the checkbox for Ignore List. Messages from all non-contacts will now be ignored.
- Ignoring people will not block incoming "add to contact list" requests.
- Deleted and ignored contacts won't be notified that they have been deleted or ignored.
- The contacts you ignore will not be able to send messages to you and you will always appear offline to them.
- You cannot delete yourself from another person's contact list.
- You can ignore up to 300 contacts.