Blocking and unblocking people from sending SMS messages
To block or unblock people from sending SMS messages to you from their Yahoo! accounts:
- Send an SMS text message to 92466.
- Enter your desired command into the SMS message body:
- To block a user: Enter "block Yahoo! ID" (e.g., "block firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Block all users: Enter "block all"
- Unblock a user: Enter "unblock Yahoo! ID" (e.g., "unblock email@example.com")
- Unblock all users: Enter "unblock all"
If people sending you SMS messages receive an error stating that your number is unavailable, it may be due to Yahoo! security measures which limit and reduce spam and invalid messages. The security measure is intended to prevent you from receiving a large number of SMS charges from your carrier from unwanted SMS messages.