How to Get Started with Yahoo! Messenger for Android
The article describes how to install Yahoo! Messenger and how to place a shortcut on Android Home screen.
To get started using Yahoo! Messenger on Android:
- Tap the Apps Drawer at the bottom of your "Home" screen.
- Tap the Play Store or Google Play icon on the "Applications" screen.
- Tap the Menu button, then tap Search.
- Enter "Yahoo! Messenger." You may see more than one search result.
- Look for the item with the official Yahoo! logo. You’ll see comments and information about us.
- Tap Install, then tap OK to confirm. At the top of your screen, you’ll see an animated down arrow indicating that the app is downloading. When it is finished, it changes to the installed icon.
- Touch and swipe the installed icon downward on your screen.
- Tap the Yahoo! Messenger installation notification to launch the application.
- Tap I Agree to the Terms of Service.
- Enter your Yahoo! ID and password, then tap Sign In. (Remember: If you do not have a Yahoo! ID, tap Get a new Yahoo! ID and fill out the form to create a Yahoo! ID.)
When you have finished installing, you can place the Yahoo! Messenger icon on your "Home" screen by following these steps:
- Tap the Apps Drawer at the bottom of the "Home" screen.
- Tap and hold the Yahoo! Messenger icon. After a few seconds, you will see the "Home" screen with the Messenger icon on it.
- Release the Messenger icon. It will now be located on your "Home" screen.