Closing your Yahoo! account
To close or delete your Yahoo! account:
- Visit the Account Termination page.
- For enhanced security, enter the Yahoo! ID and password for the account you are deleting.
- If you have forgotten your password, please use our Yahoo! Password Helper.
- Read the important information facts in the Account Termination page.
- Confirm your password in the field provided and enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Select the Terminate this Account button.
Note: If you've chosen to cancel your account, we recommend doing so via a desktop or laptop computer to ensure that all pages load properly. Some mobile devices may encounter issues loading pages which are part of the cancellation process.
Before closing your account, please understand:
- A closed account cannot be reactivated – While you can always sign up for a new account, closing an account will remove and delete it from the Yahoo! network.
- You cannot just delete a single Yahoo! product. You will lose access, data, and settings for all Yahoo! ID associated with the closed account – This includes all messages in Yahoo! Mail and any personalization made in Yahoo! Mobile, and any other area of Yahoo! which can only be accessed with your Yahoo! ID and password.
- Cancel any premium/subscription Yahoo! services before closing your account – There is no guarantee that deleting your Yahoo! account will immediately cancel the billing for any premium services to which you are subscribed. To cancel your current subscriptions, go to your account's Billing Information page, select My Services, and then select the Cancel link for each subscription.