What are ratings?
Ratings help the community moderate itself by allowing every member the chance to rate messages on a quality scale of 1 to 5 stars. For more information on the quality rating system please see below:
- Each member may only rate an individual message one time.
- The individual ratings given by a member are combined with ratings from other members to create the message's overall rating.
- When viewing a board, you see a list of topics/threads and their ratings. The rating for a topic/thread combines all the average ratings for each individual message within that topic/thread.
- When you give a message a rating, you cannot go back and change your rating.
In general, ratings are to help people find the best quality content on the Message Boards. When you rate a message you should always consider the following:
- Rate on the quality of the message, not your opinion of its content. If you disagree with a message, you can express your opinion by posting a reply.
- Ask yourself if this message adds value to the discussion, not merely if you found it useful.
- Make sure the message is on topic. A well-written message might still get 1 star if it was posted in the wrong board or topic/thread.