Using the Attachments application
How to use the Attachments application to quickly find all attachments (PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.) that you have received or sent and also use it to simplify resending of attachments.
The Attachments app displays all attachments that you have received or sent. It is designed to help you find attachments, and it also allows you to easily resend the files as email attachments.
To access the Attachments application:
- On the left side of your inbox, look for the Applications list.
- Click Attachments, and a new tab opens in Yahoo! Mail with the Attachments app.
- By default, your attachments display from newest to oldest.
- You can reverse this order by clicking the Oldest button in the toolbar.
- You can also choose whether to view the applications in a grid, rather than in a list.
- To change your view, click the Grid view option in the toolbar. Your attachments then appear in a grid.
Searching for attachments:
The left side of the Attachments tab includes a list of filtering options. You can filter by any of these criteria:
- File type
To select a filter option, just click on it, and the attachments list on the right will be filtered to include only attachments that meet those criteria. Note that you can select multiple filters at once (if you select the date "2011" and file type "PDF", all PDFs sent or received in 2011 will display).