How do I block images I receive in emails?
You can decide whether images display automatically in emails you receive—or whether they are blocked.
We recommend using image blocking:
- In order to prevent spam, we strongly encourage users to block images in their email.
- Image blocking prevents the confirmation “hits” that spammers receive whenever one of their images is viewed.
- Since a "view" can include the moment you click to open a spam message, selecting to never display images by default is your safest option.
The following image settings are available to show images in emails:
- Never by default
- Only from my contacts and certified senders
- Always, except in Spam folder
To change your image display settings:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears.
- Click General at the left.
- Under "Spam Protection," select an option next to Show images in emails.
- Click Save.