Accessing Yahoo! Mail in Outlook 2010
Learn how to send and receive emails using your Yahoo! Mail account in Outlook 2010.
Please note: this feature is available only to Mail Plus subscribers. For more information on Mail Plus, please visit this webpage.
If you haven't yet connected to your Yahoo! Mail account with Outlook 2010, you will need to first set up a new profile for your account in Outlook. Follow these steps to do so:
- Start Outlook 2010 and select the File tab.
- Select Info from the left column and select Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- User Information
- Your Name: Type your name as you’d like it to appear when you send an email message.
- E-mail Address: Type your Yahoo! Mail email address (for example, email@example.com).
- Server Information
- Account Type: Select POP3 in the drop-down menu.
- POP server settings: refer to the POP settings for Yahoo! Mail.
- Logon Information:
- User Name: Type your Yahoo! ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com").
- Password: Type your Yahoo! password.
- Check the Remember password checkbox if you don't want Outlook to prompt you for your password each time you check your mail.
- Do not check the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) checkbox.
- User Information
- Select the More Settings button.
- In the Mail Account field, enter a descriptive account name, such as My Yahoo! Mail account.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab:
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is selected.
- Select the Advanced tab:
- POP port settings: refer to the POP settings for Yahoo! Mail.
- If you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on both the Yahoo! Mail server and on your computer, check the Leave a copy of messages on the server checkbox. If you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! server once Outlook has downloaded them onto your computer, leave the box unchecked.
Note: After your messages are deleted from the server, we cannot retrieve them.
- Click OK.
- Click Next and then click Finish.
- Close and restart your Outlook.
- Click Send/Receive All Folders.
You should now be able to retrieve emails from your Yahoo! Mail account.
Some ISPs do not permit message routing through another SMTP server while you are connected to their network. To resolve this problem, replace the SMTP server for the other ISP or the other email account by using the SMTP server that is associated with the ISP that you use to connect to the Internet.
For troubleshooting help, see our help article about troubleshooting POP issues.