Checking email using a screenreader
- Using shortcuts and screen readers to check Yahoo! Mail
- Checking email using assistive technologies
To check your email using a screenreader:
- Press the "m" key to check for new mail. (Note: if the virtual cursor is on, you'll need to bypass it before pressing "m".)
- The screen reader may announce, "Checking."
- When the check for new mail is complete, the Inbox will load. Focus goes automatically to the first message in the Inbox folder, and the virtual cursor turns off.
Note: Yahoo! Mail will periodically check for new email. As a result, the screen reader may occasionally announce, "Checking."