Adding or changing a signature
This article explains how to create or edit your signature.
To add, edit, or delete a signature:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears.
- Click Signature at the side.
- From the menu on the right, select a signature option:
- Show a plain text signature: Allows you to create a simple, text-only signature.
- Show a rich text signature: Allows you to choose the font, color, and size of the text in your signature.
- Don't use a signature: Select this to turn your signature off. Note that you can delete your signature in a message when you'd rather not send it.
- Next, add or change your signature by typing in the text area.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Your signature now appears at the bottom of any message you create.
Note: If you create a rich text signature, it will only appear in rich text if you are composing your email in rich text mode. When composing an email, you can switch to rich text mode by clicking the double arrow button (>>) below the email's subject line.