Merging duplicate contacts
- Multiple contact entries for the same person
- Clean up duplicate contacts
- A contact has more than one email address
- You import contacts from another email that already exist in your contacts list
If you have multiple contacts listed for the same person in your contact list, you can use the "Clean Up Duplicates" tool to merge them into a single contact.
To remove duplicate contacts:
- From Yahoo! Mail, click the Contacts tab.
- From the Tools menu, select Clean Up Duplicates... It may take a few moments to load the list of duplicate contacts.
- Next, you need to decide whether to merge each set of duplicates individually, or to merge all contacts at once, automatically.
Merge contacts one at a time:
- Select the contact's name in the list, and all of the duplicate contacts for that particular person will display.
- Decide whether to merge it or not.
- To merge: Select the checkbox for each individual contact duplicate.
- To not merge: Unselect the checkbox.
- Click Save and Next to merge the contact.
Merge all exactly matched contacts at once, automatically:
- Once the list of all contacts with duplicate matches is displayed on your screen, click the Merge all EXACT button at the bottom-left corner.
- Click Yes, Merge Automatically if you want to merge them all. (Or click Cancel to stop the merging process.)