Overview of the Photos folder
The Photos folder gives you easy access to all photos that you've received or sent as email attachments. Using this folder, you can share photos via email, post them on Flickr, view a slideshow, or search for photos.
- The Photos folder is not yet available to all users, because it is a beta feature. If "Photos" doesn't appear on your Applications list, you don't have access to it yet, but you will soon.
Accessing the Photos folder
- On the left side of your inbox, under Applications, click Photos.
- Your Photos folder appears in a photo gallery on the right.
Using the Photos toolbar
The toolbar at the top of the Photos windows gives you quick access to slide show mode, and allows you to share or download photos. Available buttons in the Photos toolbar, from left to right, include:
- Sort by newest to oldest, or vice versa.
- View slide show
- Download images
- Delete images
Sorting and searching for photos
There are two tools to help you find photos:
- Sorting: By default, your photos display from newest to oldest. You can reverse this order by clicking the Oldest on the toolbar.
- Filtering: The Filter By: menu on the left allows you to view photos based on the sender, date, and/or file type. Click on one or more of the options, and only the photos that meet those criteria will appear on the right. For example, if you click the Sent folder and then the file type jpeg, the only photos that will appear on the right are photos you sent, with file type .jpg.
Posting photos on Flickr
The Photos folder allows you to post to Flickr, Yahoo!'s photo sharing website. Flickr allows you to store, organize, and share photos with friends. For more information, take the tour of Flickr. To post photos on Flickr:
- From the Photos folder, select the photo(s) you would like to share on Flickr.
- Click the Share via Flickr button from the Photos toolbar. Note: if you don’t have a Flickr account already, one will be created for you at this point. Your username and password are the same as your Yahoo! username and password. In order to complete the process, you need to accept the Flickr Community guidelines by clicking OK.
- A pop-up appears asking whether you would like to add the photos to a set. A “set” in Flickr is a group of photos that are stored together, to help you stay organized. Select either Do not add to set or Create new set.
- Click Continue.
- A confirmation message appears. Click Done. You can then access the photos by logging in to Flickr.
Viewing a slideshow
- From the Photos folder, click the View Slideshow button in the upper-left corner of the toolbar.
- To move to the next slide, click the arrow on the right, or press the right arrow key on your keyboard.
Deleting a photo from your Photos folder
To delete a photo that appears in the Photos folder:
- Select the photo you would like to delete by clicking on it.
- Click the delete button (trashcan icon) that appears in the toolbar above the photos. A pop-up appears asking you to confirm that you would like to delete the emails that these photos appear in.
- Click OK to accept.
Note: It is not possible to delete a photo without also deleting the email that contains it.