Using accessibility features to read email
Using shortcuts to read Yahoo! Mail. Accessibility features for Yahoo! Mail.
- Press the m key on your keyboard to go to the Inbox.
Note: If the virtual cursor is on, you'll need to bypass it first.
- When the Inbox is loaded, the first message in the Inbox folder will have focus and the virtual cursor will be off.
- Navigate the Inbox using the up/down arrow keys to move through the rows in the table. As you do this, the next/previous row will be focused. The screen reader should read the contents of each column from left to right.
- Open a message by pressing the Enter key. The message will open and the message header will have focus. The virtual cursor should automatically toggle on.
- Each message has two, level-three headings: one for the message subject, the other for the message body. Use these headings to skip quickly to either section of the message.
- Press Ctrl +. (Period) to go the next message, or Ctrl +, (comma) to go to the previous message.
- Press Ctrl + \ (Cmd + \ for Mac) to stop reading a message and return to the message list. When you return to the message list, the first row in the table will be focused.