Using shortcuts to add and remove attachments
In this article you'll find out how to include and remove files in Yahoo! Mail using shortcut keys.
How to attach a file:
- With focus in the body of the message, press Shift + Tab to move focus to the Attach Files button.
- Press Enter to open the file selection dialog and select the file you wish to attach. Note: Users of Internet Explorer will need to press the Spacebar instead of the Enter key to open the file selection dialog.
Yahoo! Mail also provides a keyboard shortcut to attach files. Press Ctrl + Shift + U (or on a Mac, Cmd + Shift + U) to launch the file selection dialog. Two important notes about this keyboard shortcut:
- Your browser's popup blocker may initially block this keyboard shortcut from working. Be sure to allow popups from Yahoo! Mail if you wish to use this shortcut.
- This keyboard shortcut doesn't work in Internet Explorer.
How to remove a single attachment:
- With focus in the body of the message, press Shift + Tab to move focus to the first attachment in the list of attachments.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to select the attachment you wish to remove.
- Press the Delete key to remove the attachment.
How to remove all attachments:
- Press Shift + Tab twice to move focus from the body of the message to the Attach Files button.
- Press the right arrow key to move focus to the Remove All button.
- Press Enter.