How to search for attachments
How to find emails with file attachments (PDFs, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.).
You can search for emails based on attachment type. In the search box at the top of the page, type "attachmenttype:" and the name of the file extension you're looking for. Click the search button (this is a magnifying glass icon), and all emails that include that attachment type will be listed in the results.
Here are some sample search terms, for different attachment types:
- PDF: attachmenttype:.pdf
- Microsoft Word document: attachmenttype:.doc
- Microsoft Excel document: attachmenttype:.xls
- Microsoft PowerPoint document: attachmenttype:.ppt
- GIF picture file: attachmenttype:.gif
- JPG picture file: attachmenttype:.jpg
You can also search for attachments using the Attachments application, which allows you to view and sort all attachments that you've ever received or sent.