Disabling automatic sign in on Internet Explorer
Learn how to keep your Yahoo! account from automatically logging in when you access a Yahoo! service through IE.
Your Yahoo! account may automatically sign in if:
- Browser AutoComplete is enabled.
- Persistent Cookies are saved allowing your account to stay signed in.
If you do not want your browser to remember your Yahoo! ID and/or password, you can remove it from the AutoComplete settings in Internet Explorer.
To clear your AutoComplete history:
- Click Tools | Internet Options.
- Click Content.
- Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
- Click Delete AutoComplete history.
- Check Form Data and Passwords.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK twice.
- Return to Yahoo! and sign in.
- When Internet Explorer asks if you want to have your password remembered, click No.
If you would like to disable AutoComplete completely, please see the help article about disabling AutoComplete in Internet Explorer.
Persistent Cookies allow you to enter your password and stay signed in for up to two weeks. You can change the length of time you remain signed in to your Yahoo! account.
To clear your Persistent Cookie settings:
- Sign in to your Account Information page.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Change sign-in settings.
- Make your selection in the pull-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Sign out to your Yahoo! account for the changes to take effect.
You should be prompted to sign in the next time you attempt to access a Yahoo! service.