Sending SMS text messages from Yahoo! Mail
Learn how to send SMS text messages using Yahoo! Mail as an alternative to sending through Yahoo! Messenger.
To send SMS text messages in Yahoo! Mail:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the down arrow next to "Compose."
- Click SMS. A new window appears in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the new window, select the country you are sending the message to.
- Type the mobile number of the recipient in the next box, and press Enter.
- Type a message in the message box which displays in the lower part of the screen.
Note: There is a maximum of 147 characters allowed in the message box.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to send the message.
Note: You cannot send MMS (image, photo, or video) multimedia messages using SMS messaging in Yahoo! Mail.
- For your friend to successfully receive an SMS, they must have a service provider supported by Yahoo!. See a list of these providers in our help article about supported wireless carriers and countries for text messaging.
- In order to receive SMS messages, your friend must have an SMS/text messaging-enabled mobile phone. Standard text/data rates apply.