Troubleshooting IMAP issues
You may encounter username/password errors or other difficulties with viewing and sending emails if you are not using the most up-to-date IMAP settings.
Review that your email program is using the proper settings:
- Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
- Outgoing Port: 465 (with SSL) or 587 (with SSL/TLS)
It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP server.
- User name: full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Password: the password you sign in to Yahoo! with.
If you are having trouble setting up IMAP access:
- The manufacturer of your email program or mobile device will be able to advise you on the proper settings for their product.
- Review the manufacturer's help content or instruction manual for your mobile device or email program.
- Contact the manufacturer of your mobile device or email program for assistance.