How Notepad syncs with Apple Notes
If you think your iOS device "Notes" folder is lost or missing after you've done a sync, this article explains some unexpected behavior you'll see after you sync your Apple iOS device Notes app with Yahoo! Notepad:
- The "Notes" folder actually goes to Yahoo! Mail rather than Yahoo! Notepad.
- Other issues related to it being a one-way sync.
An Apple mobile electronic device (or iOS device) syncs differently with Yahoo! Notepad than it does with other Yahoo! products, like Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Calendar. You'll see the iOS device "Notes" folder located in Yahoo! Mail rather than Yahoo! Notepad as you might expect. We have provided a rundown of the different behaviors you will see when you sync your iOS device notes.
What you'll see when you synch your iOS device with Yahoo! Notepad:
- A new "Notes" folder is created in your Yahoo! Mail account, rather than in Yahoo! Notepad as you might expect.
- You will always see your iOS device notes in this folder in your Yahoo! Mail account.
- This is a one-way sync from your iOS device to Yahoo!: If you add notes to the "Notes" folder in Yahoo! Mail, you won't see them in your iOS device's Notes app.
- You won't see your notes from Yahoo! Notepad in your iOS device's Notes app.