Creating and editing folders in Yahoo! Mail
Learn how to create or rename folders in your Yahoo! Mail account.
To create a new folder:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail, then locate "Folders" in the folder list on the left side of the screen.
- Select +, located to the right of "Folders."
- Enter a name for the new folder.
Note: Folder names can include letters, numbers, and the hyphen (-), space ( ), and underline (_) characters only.
- Select OK.
Now you can move messages into your newly created folder straight from your Inbox or any other folder.
To rename a folder:
- Right-click (or CTRL+click on Mac) on a personal folder.
- Select Rename Folder.
- Type the new folder name, then press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard, or click elsewhere on your screen to apply your changes.
- You can create up to 491 folders within Yahoo! Mail.
- It's not currently possible to create folders within folders.