Sending an email message using a different email address
To send an email from another email address while in your Yahoo! Mail account:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears.
- Click Mail Accounts at the left.
- Click + Add at the top of the middle column.
- In the Add Account window that appears, enter the following information:
- Account name: This is an account name for your own reference, which no one else will see. (For example, Work, School, etc.)
- Email address: This Email address you'd like send from – from within Yahoo! Mail.
- Please note that you'll be asked to verify this address.
- This step depends on whether you want to send emails only, or both send and receive emails.
- To send emails only: Select Skip this, set up to send only.
- To send and receive emails: You will need to fill out all information in the Add account window and click Save.
- For more information on each field, see our help article about advanced Add Account settings.
- Click Save in Mail Options.
- You will need to verify the email address that you provided.
- To do this, check your other email account, and you should have an email from Yahoo! with the subject line "Verify this email address."
- When you open the email, there will be a link inside it that you can click on to verify your email address.
Once you have completed the steps above, you will be able to send emails from your other account.
To send emails from your other account:
- In the compose window, simply click on the arrow to the right of the "From" field.
- You will be able to select your other account, which will appear in the "From" field.