Creating a vacation response
This article explains how to set up a vacation or "out of the office" (OOO) response.
Using the vacation response tool, you can send an automated response to emails you receive while you are away. The text of the automated response is up to you, but generally this text lets people know that you are away and will not be able to reply to their messages until a certain date. Each person who sends you an email receives one vacation response, no matter how many times they write to you.
To set a vacation response:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail
- Click the Options menu in the upper-left corner, and select Mail Options from the pull-down list.
- From the list on the left, click Vacation Response.
- Check the box that says Enable auto-response during these dates (inclusive).
- Select start and end dates for your vacation.
- Enter the vacation response you would like to send on receipt of emails. It can be up to ten lines.
- If you would like to send a different response to individuals with a specific email domain (such as @yahoo.com, @school.edu, etc.), check the box next to Different response to emails from a specific domain, and provide up to two domain names. You can then enter a different response in the text box below.
- Click Save in the upper right to save your changes.
You can preview your Vacation Response and Special Response by selecting Send sample copy to me.
If you would like to turn off the vacation response early, simply go back to the Vacation Response page and uncheck the box next to Enable auto-response during these dates (inclusive).