Tips for navigating through Yahoo! Mail without a mouse
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Accessibility features in Yahoo! Mail
- Using assistive technologies with Yahoo! Mail
When navigating through the Inbox without a mouse, keep these tips in mind:
- The message list has focus by default.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate through the list of messages. These keys redirect focus to the message list even when another section has focus.
- Example: If you're focused on the toolbar, and you want to go back to navigating your Inbox, you can simply press the up/down arrow keys to resume navigating the message list.
- As you navigate through the message list, it is the rows of the table, not the cells that are focused.
- A screen reader should read the contents of each column in the row from left to right when a row is focused.