Changing your name as it appears on outgoing mail
Adjusting your account's "From Name" changes how your name appears in other peoples' incoming mail. Editing your account's "Reply-To" field controls which email address populates when someone replies to one of your messages.
To edit your "From Name" or your account's "Reply-To" field:
- From a desktop or laptop computer, sign into Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner, then click Mail Options.
- From the list on the left, click Accounts.
- Click Yahoo! Mail under "Accounts."
- In the "Your 'From' Name" field, enter your name exactly as you'd like it to appear on your outgoing messages.
Note: Your "From Name" cannot contain special characters or symbols (e.g., @, $, %, etc.).
- If you'd like a different return address to be included in your outgoing mail, enter that address into the "Reply-To" field. If you want all messages returned to your Yahoo! Mail address, leave the field blank.
Note: Addresses in the “Reply-To” field cannot exceed 40 characters.
- Click Save.
You must enter something into the "From Name" field. If left blank, you will be reverted to your prior "From Name" and your changes will not be saved. It is not possible to hide your email address or "From Name" when sending messages from a Yahoo! Mail account.
Note: Any mail sent from your Yahoo! Mail account prior to changing your "From Name" will display either your previous "From Name" or a custom name of your recipient's choosing in the recipient's mailbox.