Changing the "From" name sent with email messages
Your name is included in all of your outgoing email messages, and recipients see it as part of the "from" or "sender" value when they receive your message. You can change the name recipients see for all of the email messages you send.
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click the gear icon () and select Mail Options from the menu. (In Mail Classic, select Options | Mail Options.)
The Options tab opens.
- On the left side of the page, click Mail Accounts. (In Mail Classic, click Accounts .)
Your mail accounts within Yahoo! Mail appear on the right. If you added an extra email addressExtra address: a second email address that you create, attached to your Yahoo! Mail account. You can use both your primary and extra email addresses to send and receive messages. Using a filter, you can direct emails sent to your extra address into a specific mail folder., that address uses the same name as your main Yahoo! Mail account. If you linked external email accountsExternal email account: another email account that you access through your Yahoo! Mail account. to your Yahoo! Mail account, you can change the sender name of each account.
- Click the account whose name you want to change, for example Yahoo! Mail.
The Sending name on the right is the name sent with your outgoing messages.
- Replace the Sending name with the name you want your recipients to see. Don't include special characters, such as "@".
If you leave the box empty, recipients will not see a name, but they will continue to see your email address, which you can't hide.
- Click Save near the top of the Options tab. (In Mail Classic, click Save Changes.)
- Confirm the change.
- Click the mailbox tab (the first tab).
- Click Compose to open a new email tab.(In Mail Classic, click New.)
You should see your new name in the "From" box.
This is the name that your email recipients see.
Tip: You won't see the "From" box unless you've created an extra address or linked another email account, but your new name will be seen by your recipients.
Note: Recipients who received your mail prior to changing your name may still have your address saved with the old name, or with any name of their choosing. This means that their replies to you may display whatever name their address book contains for you.