Sorting your list of messages
When you open a mail folder, your messages are sorted by the date they were received with the most recently received messages at the top. You can temporarily change your view to see messages grouped by sender or subject or have all of your unread messages, starred messages, or messages with attachments appear at the top of the list.
- Click SORT BY at the top of the message list and select a sort option.
The mail folder updates to show the messages sorted by your choice.
- If needed, scroll to the messages of interest.
You may need to move through a few pages by clicking the arrows on the upper-right side of the mail folder.
Sorting by Unread, Attachments, or Starred displays messages of that type at the top of the first page.
Tips when sorting by Sender, Subject, or Date
- Sender and Subject are sorted alphabetically from A to Z. Selecting either of those options again reverses the order from Z to A.
- Date is sorted newest to oldest. Selecting that option again reverses the order from oldest to newest.
- If you can find one message with the sender, subject, or date of interest, select that message and then select your sort option. Doing so puts you closer to the messages you want. For example, if you select one message from Pamela and then sort by Sender, the results will take you to the top of the page containing messages from Pamela. You may have to scroll the page to see the messages.