Protecting yourself from "phishing" or "spoofing"
"Phishing" or "spoofing" are terms used to describe attempts by fraudsters to steal someone's personal information, user names, passwords, and/or other account information.
How fraudsters try to steal your information:
- Creating fake websites/emails that look identical to the real thing: When accessing fraudulent websites/emails, It can be hard to tell you're not interacting with trusted companies.
- Tricking you into providing personal information: With these websites/emails, fraudsters attempt to get you to disclose your personal information, user name and/or passwords.
If you think you've been phished:
- Change your password immediately: For instructions, see our help article about changing the password on your Yahoo!7 account.
Learn more about protecting yourself:
- Visit the Yahoo!7 Security Center: The Yahoo!7 Security Center provides information and many different ways to protect yourself while online.
- Use a Yahoo!7 sign-in seal: After creating a sign-in seal, Yahoo!7 sign-in pages will display a custom emblem letting you know that you're on a legitimate Yahoo!7 site. For instructions, see our help article about creating a sign-in seal.