How to delete one or more emails from Mail search results
Instructions for removing (or "deleting") one email message or multiple email messages from Mail search results.
Once you perform a search in Mail you can selectively remove specific email messages or delete all of the email messages in the search results.
How to search and delete one or more email messages:
- Type your search criteria in the Search box located at the top-right (or above your Inbox in Mail Classic).
- Select Search Mail (or Mail Search in Mail Classic).
- Your search results will display in a new tab (or on the same page in Mail Classic).
- Check the checkbox to the left of each email message that you want to delete.
- To delete all email messages in the search results: Check the checkbox at the top of the checkbox column to select all the messages.
- Select Delete.
- The deleted email(s) will display a line through the subject of the email(s) and they will be moved to the Trash folder (in Mail Classic they will not display a line through the email subject line).