Setting up email or instant messaging reminders for calendar events
You can set up when you want to receive event reminders and also how you want to receive them. You can set up default event reminder settings and reminder settings for individual events that will override your defaults.
To change your default reminder delivery method:
- Click the gear icon () at the top of the page and select Calendar Options from the menu that appears. (For Mail Classic, select Options | Calendar Options.)
- Click Reminders at the left.
- Your default Reminder settings will display at the right under "Events."
- Select a time for your default reminder setting from the Time menu.
- Select an optional second reminder time from the Again menu.
- Under "Via," check the box for either email or Yahoo! Messenger IM (instant message) reminders (or both).
- Click Save and then click Back to Calendar to return to Yahoo! Calendar.
To change the delivery method in an individual event:
- Double-click on an event in the Day, Week, or Month view.
- The Edit Event window opens.
- Select a time from the Remind menu.
- The + (plus) button displays.
- Click the + (plus) button to add an additional (optional) reminder.
- Check either the email or Yahoo! Messenger IM reminder boxes (or both).
- Click Save.
Overriding your default reminder settings by setting then in individual events:
- When you change the settings within an individual event you will override your default settings in that particular event.
- About Yahoo! Messenger IM reminders:
- The reminder will appear as a small pop-up window in Yahoo! Messenger.
- We recommend that you have the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger installed on your computer, download Yahoo! Messenger now.
- Important! You must be signed in to Yahoo! Messenger.
- At reminder time: Be sure you're signed in to Messenger at the time that you are scheduled to receive the reminder.
- Using the same ID: Use the same Yahoo! ID that you used to set up the reminder in Yahoo! Calendar.
- SMS text message reminders are no longer available:
- It is no longer possible to set up reminders via SMS text message.
- If you previously set up SMS text message reminders while they were available, they will no longer function.