How to send or attach files in email
Instructions on how to add attachements to an email. (These can be photos, documents, or other files.)
You can attach one or more files to an email message as long as the total message size The combined size of the email headers, message text, and attached files doesn’t exceed 25 MB. Here's how:
- In the window where you’re composing your message, click Attach Files. A screen appears with slots where you can attach up to five files. If you want to attach more than five files at once, click Attach More Files.
- In the Attach Files screen, click Browse. Your computer opens a window where you can select the files you want to attach.
- In the window your computer opened, locate and select the file that you want to attach. Click Open.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each file that you want to attach.
Note: If you run out of Browse buttons and still have room (25 MB total message size), you can select more files to attach by clicking Attach More Files.
- When you have selected all the files you want to attach, scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Click Attach Files. While the file is being uploaded, the message “Please wait while we attach the file(s) to your message” appears in the top half of the screen.
- When the file is attached, a paper clip icon and the name of the file appear below the Subject line of your message.
If you want to attach more messages, click Attach More and repeat this procedure. To remove an attached file from the message, click Remove to the right of the file name.
- Yahoo! Mail Classic can’t detect when you are trying to attach a file that is too large a file or a file that is more than 25 MB onto a message. Make sure that the file you want to attach is smaller than 25 MB before you try attaching it to your message.
- If you want to send a file up to 100 MB in size to another Yahoo! user, you can use Yahoo! Messenger.