Can the "Conversations" folder be removed or deleted?
This article addresses the "Conversations" folder that may appear in your email account, or on your mobile device within Yahoo! Mail.
This folder is now an integrated part of your Yahoo! Mail account, is used for archiving chat messages, and cannot be disabled at this time. However, you may stop saving your instant message history to the "Conversations" folder by following the steps outlined in this help article: How do I enable or disable "Conversation history" in Messenger for Mail?
You may also relocate the messages to a desired folder by using the Search feature within your Yahoo! Mail account.
To move the messages from the "Conversations" folder to a folder of your choosing, please use the following steps:
- Go to the "Search Mail" box in the Yahoo! Mail page.
- Enter the Yahoo! ID, name, or string of the conversation that you would like to find in the "Search Mail" box, then click Go.
- Locate the "Narrow Results" pane in the Yahoo! Mail interface or the "Refine Results" pane in the Yahoo! Mail Classic interface.
- Select the Conversations folder from the list of folders. The results will be refined to display only messages from this folder.
- Mark the messages you wish to move from the search results.
- Click the Move button from the toolbar and then select your desired location.
Your selected messages will now be relocated to the folder of your choosing.
Note: It is currently not possible to move or delete messages from the Conversations folder using a mobile device.