Fixing send/receive issues with email programs
To resolve problems with sending and receiving Yahoo! Mail on an email program (email client) while using Yahoo! Mail POP settings:
Step 1: Activate POP access in your Yahoo! Mail account:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail with a web browser.
- Move your cursor over the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail Options.
- Click POP & Forwarding.
- Click the Access Yahoo! Mail via POP radio button.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Check the account settings in your email client:
- In your email client, go to the account settings for your Yahoo! Mail account. If you need help with this step in your email client, please see the appropriate support site:
- Verify the settings of the mail account you set up in your email client. See the setup instructions for Yahoo! Mail in your email client, for the necessary settings:
Step 3: Check your security software:
- Temporarily disable any security software installed.
- Check any network equipment you have to see if it is blocking the Yahoo! POP and SMTP servers or ports.
- Ask your ISP or network administrator if the modem or software you are using has a firewall feature that may block the mail ports.
Note: You may need to contact your security software/network equipment manufacturer or Internet service provider for assistance.
If your email client won’t download specific messages from your inbox:
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account via the web and move the message to a different folder.
- Try to download messages from your email client.